Fresh Orange, Apple and Jalapeno Mixed Greens Salad


I'm always trying to come up with fun new salads. To be perfectly honest, I've had a lot of success by grabbing a big bowl and just randomly combining whatever is in my fridge. If you have some leftover potatoes, couscous, quinoa or a lonely grilled chicken breast lying around... throw it in!

Salads are such a tasty and easy thing to make and the best thing about them is there really are no rules to making them. And don't forget: salads are the perfect starter to any meal but don't be afraid to increase the quantity and make them the main course!


Here's one to try.

You'll need...
Salad:
1 bowl of mix greens (I use a spring mix)
1 orange, cubed
1 apple, cubed (I used a Pink Lady but anything will do)
2 tablespoons jalapeño, chopped (sans seeds)
1/4 cup basil, chopped
1/4 cup of cheddar cheese, fresh grated is best

Dressing:
2 oz olive oil
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
1/2 lemon, juiced
Salt & Pepper (freshly ground is preferred)



Step 1 - In a large bowl, add mixed greens, orange, apple, jalapeño, basil and cheese.

Step 2 - In a glass or small bowl, add olive oil, mustard and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper. to your liking. Mix well until mustard and olive oil start to combine.

Step 3 - Add the dressing to the salad mix to your liking, you can always save extra for later. Toss the salad and it's ready to eat!

Bon Appétit!





1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.