It's fair to say that Eggslut is one my favorite things about LA. This is truly the breakfast sandwich at it's best! But, I'm not the only person who thinks this...
Eggslut is located in downtown LA at the Grand Central Market. They open at 8:00am and let me tell you, the line is halfway into the market by 8:05am on a Saturday or Sunday morning. It might be agonizing waiting while your hungry stomach begs you for food but it is worth the fuss. Also note: if you're lucky enough to get downtown on a weekday morning there is no line and no fuss!
I have not tried all of the sandwiches yet but I would like to. I'm a creature of habit and I keep finding myself ordering the Bacon, Egg and Cheese (adding Avocado because I love Avocado). The Bacon, Egg and Cheese sandwich is a breakfast staple I've been eating for years but Eggslut's sandwich is in a league of it's own. Next on my list to try is the "The Slut," "a coddled egg on top of a smooth potato purée,
cooked in a glass jar and served with a baguette." Yum!
Bottom line: no matter what you order you will be back for more regardless of the line!
The line is no joke (8:05am)!








0 comments:
Post a Comment