After living in LA for almost a year I have one major complaint: I can't find a good slice of pizza ANYWHERE and I miss it badly! So to calm my insatiable desire for a decent slice I have taken it upon myself to make my own pie. This is a quick, easy and delicious dinner no matter where you might be. You'll need...
1 store or pizza shop bought portion of dough (Trader Joe's has a great option for under $2 and most places in NY will sell you their dough. Surprise, surprise, I have yet to find a pizza shop in LA that will sell you their uncooked dough-they look at me like I'm crazy).
2-4 oz of pizza or marinara sauce (the amount is a personal preference, do more do less, this is just a ballpark suggestion).
1 ball of fresh mozzarella (for those of your with access to Costco they have a delicious option in the cheese aisle)
2-4 oz shredded mozzarella or an Italian cheese combination
1/2 can (8 oz) artichoke hearts sliced in fourths
1-2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
Step 2: Roll out the pizza dough on a well floured surface with a floured rolling pin to 12-14 inches. I know some of you will want to be the guy from the movies tossing their dough in the air and spinning it to perfection but I promise this method might be easier until you master that technique.
Step 3: Remove pre-heated pizza stone or cookie sheet and place the rolled out dough onto the surface.
Step 4: Ladle on as much sauce as your heart desires.
Step 5: Add the fresh mozzarella followed by the shredded cheese, seasoning and toppings (artichoke hearts in my case).
Step 6: Place the pizza stone or cookie sheet with pizza back into the oven. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Bon Appetit!






0 comments:
Post a Comment