This blog has been years in the making. I started with Ashley Clayton Photography as my 2011 New Years resolution which gave me a new perspective on life. I not only started a photography blog but a new business. I was now viewing the world through the lens of my camera. To my surprise by the end of the year I was a fully fledged photographer and still managed to keep my full time job in financial communications.
In 2012, I continued to build on my photography business, building my client base and making a lot of new friends. It was another whirlwind year filled with a lot of learning and more weddings than I could count.
In 2013, I became engaged and decided to take a step back from my photography. After a beautiful wedding in Carmel, California the year began to wind down.
In 2014, another adventure would change my photography again. I relocated with my husband and dog Hailey to California, saying good-bye to New York, my home for the last eight+ years. As an eighth generation Californian this move was bitter-sweet.
It is now 2015, I am starting to feel settled in California but I am missing my photography. This time I have decided to not only share the moments I capture for others but I want to share my own moments as well. Over the past eight years New York became a part of who I am and shapes my new life in California. Lovely Tale is where I hope to share my journey of figuring out how to mix the old with the new and how to live a lovely life.
Cheers to 2015, I hope it will be a lovely tale...


Congrats on the new blog Ash can't wait to read about all your adventures in CA!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
A, M&m